Where can mothers access support for breast feeding?

For support with breast feeding, mothers can access the following:

  • Their Lead Maternity Carer
  • Midwife
  • Plunket Nurse (NZ)
  • Maternal and Child Health Nurse (Australia)
  • Tressilian (Australia only)
  • Karitane
  • Local Community Health Centre
  • Lactation Consultant
  • Australian Breastfeeding Association, or visit: www.breastfeeding.asn.au
  • General Practitioner
  • Contact their local maternity unit for community breast feeding support services
  • Danone Nutricia Advisory Team