Aptamil® Feed Thickener
Suitable from birth
- Suitable for healthy breast fed or formula fed infants from birth with uncomplicated, recurrent or problematic regurgitation.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
Aptamil® Feed Thickener is a thickening agent and may be mixed with breast milk or infant formula to assist in the management of infant regurgitation or mild reflux. IMPORTANT NOTICE: To be used ONLY in combination with breast milk or infant formula, NOT as a sole source of nutrition. Available on prescription, fully PHARMAC funded.
Aptamil® Feed Thickener is a tasteless and odourless thickening agent which may be mixed with breast milk or infant formula to assist in the management of problematic regurgitation. Aptamil® Feed Thickener maintains thickness of feed through the stomach due to the presence of carob bean gum which resists digestion in the mouth. This helps reduce regurgitation frequency in infants.1
Aptamil® Feed Thickener instantly thickens:
- Breast milk.
- Infant formula.
Contraindications for use
Not suitable for premature infants.
Direction of Use
Preparing thickened bottle feeds:
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
Allergen and Cultural Information
May contain traces of milk.
|Average contents||Per Qty Per Serve (8g)||Avg Qty Per 100g|
|Energy||121 kJ||1511 kJ|
|29 kcal||362 kcal|
|Protein||<1.0 g||<1.0 g|
|Total Fat||<1.0 g||<1.0 g|
|— Saturated||<1.0 g||<1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.6 g||83 g|
|— Sugars||0.20 g||2.5 g|
|Dietary Fibre||0.93 g||11.6 g|
|Sodium||0.34 mg||4.3 mg|
Maltodextrin, carob bean gum. May contain traces of milk.
- Wenzl T et al. Paediatrics 2003; 111:e355–e359.