A nutritionally complete, premium infant formula that helps to nutritionally support the immune system today and into the future. 1–5 For healthy infants from birth requiring a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Helps to lay the foundations for a child’s future health. Contains Nutricia’s blend of prebiotic oligosaccharides (90% scGOS+, 10% lcFOS++), 0.8g per 100mL, which when introduced within the first 6 months of life has been shown in clinical trials to :
- Nutritionally support the immune system by stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria closer to that of breast fed infants.1,2
- Promotes a softer, more regular stool pattern.1
Nutritionally complete for infants from 0-6 months :
- Whey dominant cows’ milk based-formula.
- Vitamins and minerals to support normal infant growth and development
- Omega-3 DHA* (fish oil) and omega-6 AA** LCPs# to help support brain, eye and nervous system development.3-5
+ Short chain galacto-oligosaccharides++ Long chain fructo-oligosaccharides.* Docosahexaenoic acid.** Arachidonic acid.# Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Contraindications for use
Confirmed cows’ milk protein allergy, galactosaemia, lactose intolerance.
Direction of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Prepare each bottle separately. Use cooled safe drinking water, that has recently been boiled. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Always use a dry scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built-in leveller. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 50mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately and discard unfinished formula within 2 hours.
Infants over 6 months should be offered foods in addition to formula.
Dental hygiene: A cup can be introduced to your baby at around 6 months. Putting your baby to bed with a bottle or cup can cause tooth decay.
It is safer to prepare each bottle as needed and use immediately after it is prepared. If a bottle of made-up formula is to be prepared in advance, store at the back of the fridge (2-4°C) and use within 24 hours.
Discard any refrigerated formula not used within 24 hours.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|Birth to 2 weeks||50mL||1||Up to 10|
|2 – 4 weeks||100mL||2||6 – 7|
|1 – 2 months||150mL||3||5 – 6|
|3 – 4 months||150mL||3||5 – 6|
|5 – 6 months||200 mL||4||4 – 5|
*1 scoop = 7.5g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 50mL of water yields approximately 55mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY; your child may need more or less than shown.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains cows’ milk, fish and soy.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|— Whey||60 %|
|— Casein||40 %|
|— Omega LCPUFAs 1|
|— Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 2||14.1 mg|
|— Arachidonic Acid (AA) 3||20 mg|
|Vitamin A||77 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.99 mg|
|Vitamin K||6.4 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||80 μg|
|Riboflavin (B~2~)||140 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.68 mg|
|Pantothenic acid (B~5~)||0.63 mg|
|Vitamin B~6~||62 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.48 μg|
|Vitamin C||15.9 mg|
|scGOS 4||0.72 g|
|lcFOS 5||0.08 g|
|Bifidobacterium breve M-16V||394 million cfu ^|
1. Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
2. Docosahexaenoic Acid
3. Arachidonic Acid
4. short chain Galacto-Oligosaccharides
5. long chain Fructo-Oligosaccharides
^ colony forming unit
Ingredients: Milk solids, vegetable oils (emulsifier (soy lecithin), antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate)), short chain galacto-oligosaccharides (milk), dried omega LCPUFAs (fish oil contains milk, antioxidant (sodium ascorbate, mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate, dl-alpha tocopherol), emulsifier (soy lecithin)), long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, taurine, choline, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V, L-carnitine, inositol.
Made in New Zealand
- Moro G et al. J Paediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2002; 34:291–295.
- Moro G et al. Arch Dis Child 2006; 91:814–819.
- Koletzko B et al. J Perinat Med 2008; 36:5–14.
- Birch et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 91:848–859.
- Innis S et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2009; 48:S16–S24.