Aptamil Gold+ Colic and Constipation
- Suitable for infants who are experiencing symptoms of colic or constipation, as a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
Aptamil® Gold+ Colic & Constipation is a partially hydrolysed formula that helps reduce the symptoms of colic and/or constipation.1-5 A nutritionally complete formula that contains a unique blend of ingredients designed specifically to relieve symptoms of colic and/or constipation in infants.
- prebiotic oligosaccharides – to increase beneficial bacteria in the gut and promote softer, more frequent stools.
- 100% partially hydrolysed whey protein – for easy digestion.
- β-palmitic acid – to reduce the risk of constipation.
- starch – to slightly thicken the formula.
- Reduced lactose* –to help ease discomfort in cases of lactose maldigestion.
* Compared to Aptamil Profutura and Aptamil Gold+ Pronutra.
- Nutritionally complete for formula-fed infants 0-6 months.
- Suitable as part of a mixed diet for infants 6-12 months.
Contraindications for use
Aptamil Gold+ Colic & Constipation is not suitable for general use and should be used under medical supervision. It is not suitable for infants with confirmed cows’ milk protein allergy, galactosaemia, lactose intolerance.
Direction of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 30mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. It is safer to use Aptamil Gold+ Colic & Constipation immediately after it is prepared.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|Birth to 2 weeks||60mL||2||Up to 8|
|2 – 4 weeks||90mL||3||7 – 8|
|1 – 2 months||120mL||4||6 – 7|
|3 – 4 months||150mL||5||5 – 6|
|5 – 6 months||180 mL||6||4 – 5|
|7 – 8 months||180 mL||6||3 – 5|
|9 – 12 months||180 mL||6||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 4.6g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 30mL of water yields approximately 33.3mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains cows’ milk, fish and soy.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|Total Fat||3.4 g|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||11.2 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||6.4 mg|
|Vitamin A||50 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.74 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.1 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||52 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||100 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||42 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.14 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.43 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.36 mg|
|a. Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids
b. Short chain Galacto – Oligosaccharides
c. Long chain Fructo - Oligosaccharides
Hydrolysed whey protein concentrate (milk), vegetable oils (antioxidant (mixed tocopherols (soy), ascorbyl palmitate), emulsifier (soy lecithin)), glucose syrup, starch, galacto-oligosaccharides (milk), lactose (milk), maltodextrin, long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, omega LCPUFAs (fish oil, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols (soy),ascorbyl palmitate)), L-tyrosine, choline chloride, taurine, inositol, L-carnitine
- Schmelzle H et al. JPGN 2003;36:343-351.
- Savino F et al. Acta Pædiatrica 2005; 94(Suppl 449): 120–124.
- Savino F et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 2006;60:1304-1310.
- Savino F et al. Acta Paediatr Suppl 2003;91:86-90.
- Bongers MEJ et al. Nutr J 2007;6:8.
- Kanabar D et al. J Hum Nutr Diet 2001;14:359–363