Carbohydrate Free Mixture
- For use in the dietary management of infants and children with glucose-galactose intolerance, either primary or secondary to another disorder.
- It can provide complete nutritional support for infants only when supplied with an additional carbohydrate source such as fructose.
- It can be used as supplemental nutrition for children aged over one year.
- Can also be used in the diagnosis of disorders of carbohydrate metabolism e.g. monosaccharide intolerances and pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Units per carton
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager for your region.
A powdered protein/fat supplement containing cows’ milk protein, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements, and minimal levels of lactose, galactose and glucose.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile.
- Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any remaining formula should be discarded if not used within one hour.
- Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
The health of the infant depends on carefully following the directions for preparation and use. Incorrect preparation can make the baby ill.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
- Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened, use within one month.