Essential Amino Acid Mix
- For use as a supplementary protein source, where essential amino acids only are required, rather than whole protein or peptides e.g. in severe malabsorption and allergy or acute liver failure when a liver related inborn error of metabolism is suspected. Essential Amino Acid Mix may be used for those on low protein diets requiring essential amino acid supplementation and in the dietary management of certain UCD and arginase deficiency.
- Suitable for infants, children and adults.
|Flavour||Size||Code||Units per carton||Pharmacode|
A powdered mix of essential amino acids. Available on prescription, fully PHARMAC funded.
- Use under medical supervision.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition.
Direction of Use
- Essential Amino Acid Mix may be taken as a drink or a paste.
- Suggested dilutions is 1 to 20, i.e. 5g of powder plus 100ml of water.
- Mix the prescribed amount of powder to a paste with cold water and make up the required volume.
- If taken as a paste, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened, use within one month.
- Once reconstituted, store in a refrigerator and consume within 24 hours.
- Stir or shake immediately before serving.
|Average contents||Per 100G||Per 5G*|
|Energy||316 kcal||15.8 kcal|
|1343 kJ||67.2 kJ|
|Protein||79 g||4 g|
|Carbohydrate||nil added g||nil added g|
|Fat||nil added g||nil added g|
|Dietary fibre||nil added g||nil added g|
|— Osmolality||-||360 mOsm/kgH₂O|
|AMINO ACID PROFILE|
|— L-Cystine||3.78 g||0.19 g|
|— L-Histidine||3.78 g||0.19 g|
|— L-Isoleucine||10.4 g||0.52 g|
|— L-Leucine||16.17 g||0.81 g|
|— L-Lysine||13.25 g||0.66 g|
|— L-Methionine||3.78 g||0.19 g|
|— L-Phenylalanine||5.67 g||0.28 g|
|— L-Threonine||11.35 g||0.57 g|
|— L-Tryptophan||2.36 g||0.12 g|
|— L-Tyrosine||9.46 g||0.47 g|
|— L-Valine||14.56 g||0.73 g|
L-Lysine Acetate, L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Cystine, L-Methionine, L-Tryptophan.