- For the dietary management of drug resistant epilepsy and other conditions where the ketogenic diet is indicated, e.g., disorders of carbohydrate metabolism, such as pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency and glucose transporter type-1 deficiency.
- Can be used to administer the classical long-chain triglyceride (LCT) ketogenic diet (3:1).
- Can be used to provide complete nutritional support or supplementary feeding from birth to 6 years of age.
- May be used for supplementary feeding over the age of 6 years.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Size||Code||Units per carton||Pharmacode|
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager
for your region.
An unflavoured, very high fat, low carbohydrate, nutritionally complete powdered feed. A 3:1 ratio of fat to carbohydrate and protein, with added long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs), Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Arachidonic Acid (AA).
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile.
- Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any remaining formula should be discarded if not used within one hour.
- Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
The health of the infant depends on carefully following the directions for preparation and use. Incorrect preparation can make the baby ill.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
- KetoCal 3:1 must be made up with hot water (45º – 50ºC) to fully dissolve. Boil fresh water (for 5 minutes) and allow to cool to approx. 50ºC using a sterile thermometer. Pour the required amount of hot water into a sterilised feeding bottle or a sterilised container that seals with a screw-top lid.
- Weigh out the required amount of KetoCal 3:1.
- Add the weighed formula to the water. Replace cap on the bottle or container and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- For sip feeding, chill in a refrigerator if desired. hake or stir formula before use.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened, use within one month.