- Kindergen can be used as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplementary feed for the dietary management of infants and children with chronic renal failure and where peritoneal rapid overnight dialysis (PROD) or continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD) is required.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Size||Code||Units per carton||Pharmacode|
A nutritionally complete powdered feed for infants and children with chronic renal failure.
- 1kcal/ml (20% w/v concentration).
- 1.5g protein per 100ml (20% w/v)
- Low in potassium, chloride, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A.
- Contains whey protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Potential renal solute load: 123 mOsm/L.
- Due to the low potassium, chloride, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A content in this product, which may be required in chronic renal failure, levels should be monitored and individual nutrients be supplemented if required.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breastfeeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breastfeeding and reversing a decision not to breastfeed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications such as preparation requirements and the cost of providing formula up to the age of 12 months should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
- Follow preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Four level scoops (20g) of Kindergen requires 84ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (20% w/v). A lower concentration may initially be required until recommended concentration is tolerated.
- Store can in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once can is opened, use within one month.
- Unopened shelf life is 12 months.
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||498 kcal||100 kcal|
|2083 kJ||418 kJ|
|Protein||7.5 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||57.6 g||11.6 g|
|— Sugars||8 g||1.6 g|
|— as Lactose||1.99 g||0.40 g|
|Fat||25.9 g||5.2 g|
|— Saturates||9.1 g||1.8 g|
|— Monounsaturates||12.3 g||2.5 g|
|— Polyunsaturates||4.3 g||0.85 g|
|— ω6 / ω3 ratio||7:1|
|Fibre||2.8 g||0.56 g|
|Sodium||230 mg||46.1 mg|
|9.98 mmol||2.00 mmol|
|Potassium||119 mg||23.9 mg|
|3.04 mmol||0.61 mmol|
|Calcium||229 mg||46 mg|
|Phosphorus||115 mg||23 mg|
|Magnesium||54.3 mg||10.9 mg|
|Chloride||84.1 mg||16.9 mg|
|Vitamin A||128 μg-RE||25.8 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||11.9 μg||2.4 μg|
|Vitamin E||9.01 mg-α-T.E||1.81 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||33.4 μg||6.7 μg|
|Vitamin C||66.2 mg||13.3 mg|
|Thiamin||0.75 mg||0.15 mg|
|Riboflavin||1.00 mg||0.20 mg|
|Niacin||7.52 mg NE||1.51 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.53 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.00 μg||0.20 μg|
|Folic Acid||83.7 μg||16.8 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.98 mg||0.80 mg|
|Biotin||18.9 μg||3.80 μg|
|Iron||7.47 mg||1.50 mg|
|Zinc||4.13 mg||0.83 mg|
|Manganese||0.05 mg||0.01 mg|
|Copper||0.37 mg||0.075 mg|
|Iodine||94.6 μg||19.0 μg|
|Molybdenum||12.0 μg||2.41 μg|
|Selenium||12.9 μg||2.60 μg|
|Chromium||5.91 μg||1.19 μg|
|Choline||156 mg||31.3 mg|
|Inositol||124 mg||25 mg|
|*When prepared at recommended concentration 20% w/v (i.e. 20g powder made up to 100ml with water)|
Dried Glucose Syrup, Refined Vegetable Oil (High Oleic Safflower Oil, Non-hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Soya Oil), Whey (cow’s milk) Protein Concentrate, Emulsifier (E472c), Trisodium Citrate, Maltodextrin, Magnesium Citrate, L-Leucine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Glutamine, L-Ascorbic Acid, Choline Bitartrate, Potassium Chloride, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Valine, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, M-Inositol, Zinc Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Tripotassium Citrate, Nicotinamide, Calcium D Pantothenate, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K1, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.