- For the dietary management of hypercalcaemia where an extreme restriction of calcium and vitamin D is required. Can be used in infants as a sole source of nutrition and children and adults as supplementary nutrition.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Size||Code||Units per carton||Pharmacode|
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager
for your region.
Locasol is a nutritionally complete powdered feed containing protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements, with a very low calcium and vitamin D content.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile.
- Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any remaining formula should be discarded if not used within one hour.
- Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
The health of the infant depends on carefully following the directions for preparation and use. Incorrect preparation can make the baby ill.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
- Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened use within one month.