- For use in the dietary management of children and adults with inborn errors of protein metabolism who are unable to meet their energy requirements with permitted food and formula.
- Lorenzo’s Oil is usually given in conjunction with a low fat diet restricting hexacosanoic acid (C26:0).
- Due to the restricted nature of the diet, it may be necessary to supplement the diet with a source of essential fatty acids such as walnut oil.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Size||Code||Units per carton|
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager
for your region.
Lorenzo’s Oil is a blend of Glycerol Trioleate (GTO) and Glycerol Trierucate (GTE) oils.
Direction of Use
The following instructions should be followed carefully to ensure that Lorenzo’s Oil remains in optimum condition.
- Remove bottle from refrigerator and leave at room temperature (approximately 21°C) for 1 hour before use.
- Shake bottle very well until white sediment is evenly distributed through the bottle.
- Remove the daily dose and return bottle to refrigerator.
- The daily dose should be kept in a sealed container in the dark e.g. a dark cupboard, at room temperature and taken throughout the day as instructed by the clinician or dietitian. Shake well before use, to ensure minimal wastage of white sediment.
- Store in a refrigerator and once opened, use within one month.
- Always replace container lid after use.