Neocate® Junior Unflavoured
- For the dietary management of children over 1 year of age with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid-based formula is recommended.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 688 747
|Flavour||Size||Code||Unit per carton||Pharmacode|
A nutritionally complete, amino acid based, powdered formula for children over 1 year of age. Available on prescription, fully PHARMAC funded.
- Nutritionally complete, suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Contains 35% medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
- Milk and soy protein free.
- Unflavoured – great tasting amino acid formula*.
- Flexible concentration to meet different requirement.
*Data on file, May 2016 & January 2017
- For enteral use only, not for parenteral use.
- If using as a tube feed, hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Not suitable for infants under 1 year of age.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplement to the diet for children over 1 year of age.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Neocate® Junior is best served chilled.
- Once reconstituted, refrigerate and consume within 24 hours. Shake or stir immediately before use.
- One level scoop provides 7.3g powder.
-Standard concentration: (1kcal/ml, 21.1%w/v): Add 1 level scoop (7.3g powder) of Neocate Junior to 30ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 35ml.
-Lower concentration: (0.69kcal/ml, 14.5%w/v): Add 2 scoops (14.6g powder) of Neocate Junior to 90ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 100ml.
-Higher concentration: (1.26kcal/ml, 26.5%w/v): Add 4 scoops (26.5g powder w/v): Add 4 scoops (29.2g powder) of Neocate Junior to 90ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 110ml.
- Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not a refrigerator) and use within 4 weeks.
|Scoops||Water(ml)||Approximate total volume (ml)|
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||1992 kJ||420 kJ|
|475 kcal||100 kcal|
|Protein Equivalent||13.3 g||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrates||56 g||11.8 g|
|Sugars||5 g||1.1 g|
|as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Total Fat||22 g||4.6 g|
|Saturates||9.4 g||2 g|
|of which MCT||7.4 g||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturates||7.7 g||1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturates||4 g||0.84 g|
|of which LA||3608 mg||761 mg|
|of which ALA||358.7 mg||76 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||285 mg||60.1 mg|
|12.4 mmol||2.6 mmol|
|Potassium||546 mg||115 mg|
|14 mmol||2.9 mmol|
|Calcium||428 mg||90.3 mg|
|Phosphorus||309 mg||65.2 mg|
|Magnesium||66.5 mg||14 mg|
|Chloride||437 mg||92.2 mg|
|Vitamin A||214 μg-RE||45.2 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||6.2 μg||1.3 μg|
|Vitamin E||6.7 mg-α-T.E||1.4 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||19 μg||4 μg|
|Vitamin C||47.5 mg||10 mg|
|Thiamin||0.48 mg||0.1 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.95 mg||0.2 mg|
|Niacin||9 mg NE||1.9 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.48 mg||0.1 mg|
|Folic acid||71.3 μg||15 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.2 μg||0.25 μg|
|Biotin||14.3 μg||3 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||1.9 mg||0.40 mg|
|Iron||5.7 mg||1.2 mg|
|Zinc||5.2 mg||1.1 mg|
|Manganese||290 μg||60 μg|
|Copper||480 μg||100 μg|
|Iodine||71.3 μg||15 μg|
|Molybdenum||21.4 μg||4.5 μg|
|Selenium||15.2 μg||3.2 μg|
|Chromium||7.6 μg||1.6 μg|
|Choline||95 mg||20 mg|
|Inositol||26.1 mg||5.5 mg|
|*At the recommended concentration of 21.1% w/v
MCT – Medium Chain Triglycerides
LA – Linoleic Acid
ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid
Dried Glucose Syrup, Refined Vegetable Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides (Palm Kernel and/or Coconut Oil), High Oleic Sunflower, Canola, Sunflower), L-Serine, L-Glutamine, Maltodextrin, Glycine, L-Alanine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Threonine, L-Tyrosine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, Emulsifier (E472c), L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Proline, Trisodium Citrate, Magnesium Hydrogen Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine, Calcium Chloride, L-Methionine, L-Arginine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Tricalcium Citrate, L-Ascorbic Acid, Antioxidants (Sunflower Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Taurine, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Nicotinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulphate, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Phytomenadione, D-Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin.
BREAST MILK IS BEST FOR BABIES: Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breast feeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breast feeding and reversing a decision not to breast feed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications should be considered when selecting a method of feeding. Infant Formula product for special dietary use to be used under medical supervision. This product is not suitable for general use.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY.