Inside Out: The Gut And Allergy Paradigm - Three-part Podinar Series
Tune in, sit back, and relax while watching gastroenterology and allergy experts from across Australia and New Zealand having practical discussions on the gut microbiome and its implications for allergy management. Interact with leading experts in the field through live Q&A sessions as they deep dive on hot topics and discuss patient case studies. What is a ‘podinar’?A podinar is an educational seminar that is facilitated through peer-to-peer learning and combines elements of both podcasts and webinars in a unique new format.
Episode 2: What is gut dysbiosis and is it the missing link?
- Understand the difference between gut dysbiosis and eubiosis, and what this means at the individual level
- Latest evidence on the factors that impact gut microbiome composition, including dietary intervention with prebiotics and probiotics
- Insights on how the gut microbiota can influence immune system development
- Clinician perspectives on established gut microbiome related risk factors linked to the development of food allergy in early life
- Practical advice on considerations for managing children presenting with a complex medical history and anaphylaxis to cows’ milk protein (based on clinical case study)
This episode explored why a healthy gut microbiota with a balanced composition of bacteria may have health-promoting functions, as well as the cause and effect of an imbalanced microbiota, also known as gut dysbiosis, in early life.