Inside Out: The Gut And Allergy Paradigm - Three-part Podinar Series
Tune in, sit back, and relax while watching gastroenterology and allergy experts from across Australia and New Zealand having practical discussions on the gut microbiome and its implications for allergy management. Interact with leading experts in the field through live Q&A sessions as they deep dive on hot topics and discuss patient case studies.
What is a ‘podinar’?
A podinar is an educational seminar that is facilitated through peer-to-peer learning and combines elements of both podcasts and webinars in a unique new format.
Episode 3: The case for biotics and its impact on the gut microbiome
- Discussion around early life factors that impact on the gut microbiome, immune system maturation and allergy development
- Clinician insights on allergy prevention and current evidence for dietary interventions that reduce the risk of developing food allergies e.g. early food allergen introduction
- Understand the latest evidence for the application of probiotics (specific strains) in allergy management
- Commentary on emerging areas of research related to prebiotics, probiotics and allergy management, and limitations of existing evidence and study designs
- Tips on navigating food exclusions and restricted diets initiated by parents for allergy management
- Practical advice on considerations for diagnosing and managing children presenting with suspected food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES)
This episode discussed the latest evidence of how the gut microbiome can be involved in allergic disease and the potential impact of modulating the gut microbiota with biotics on health outcomes beyond symptom management in cows’ milk protein allergy.