Meat Pie Mash Up
Meat Pie Mash Up
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 zuchinni, grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 36 scoops AptaGrow* *Equivalent to 155g of 1+ product, 162g of 3+ product, 180g of 6+ product.
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, flour, stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and a bay leaf. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Add peas and corn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
To create the mash:
- In a large saucepan, fill ¾ of the way with water. Add potatoes, and cook on medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 10 minutes until potatoes are soft. Meanwhile, in a jug whisk together AptaGrow powder with lukewarm water and set aside.
- Drain cooked potatoes and mash. Add the AptaGrow mixture, and more water if required to achieve desired consistency.
- Place beef mixture into a 2L ovenproof dish or six, individual 1–2 cup ovenproof dishes. Top with mashed potato, then top with cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
If you're returning to work, let us help you return with confidence.
Our newsletter has tools, tips and expert advice to help ensure you and your child are ready.
Thanks for signing up
You'll hear from us soon
Returning to work?
Sign-up to receive practical tips and advice for a smooth transition back to work.