Karicare Follow-On Formula
6 to 12 Months
- Karicare Follow-On Formula is a breast milk substitute for babies from 6 to 12 months.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 0800 438 500
Karicare Follow-On Formula is a breast milk substitute that has been trusted for generations. It cares for little tummies and contains the key ingredients to support your baby.
- Made with the goodness of real New Zealand Milk.
- Suitable for mixed feeding.
- No added preservatives.
- No artificial flavours.
- 100% recyclable tin, lid and scoop.
At Karicare, we’re committed to supporting sustainability. That’s why all of our formula tins, including the lid and scoop, are 100% recyclable. Simply pop them into your home recycling bin once they’re empty.
Contraindications for use
Confirmed cows’ milk protein allergy, galactosaemia, lactose intolerance.
Direction of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes, or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly & level off using the built-in leveller. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add one level scoop of powder for each 50mL of water. Stir or shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. For all brands of formula, it is safer to use immediately after they are prepared.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|6 – 9 months||200mL||4||3 – 5|
|9– 12 months||200mL||4||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 7.6g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 50mL of water yields approximately 56mL of formula.This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY; your child may need more or less than shown.
For all brands of formula, it is safer to use immediately after they are prepared. Prepare each bottle seperately. Product is packed by weight, not volume. Some settling of the powder may occur during transportation and distribution.
|Average contents||Per 100ml|
|— Whey||55 %|
|— Casein||45 %|
|Total Fat||3.4 g|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||6.6 mg|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||7.9 mg|
|Vitamin A||67 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.99 mg|
|Vitamin K||5.2 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||60 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||126 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||50 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.35 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.63 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.52 mg|
|Folic acid/Folate||12.0 μg|
|Vitamin C||11.8 mg|
|a LCPUFAs – long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids
^ scGOS = short chain galacto-oligosaccharides
^^ IcFOS = long chain Fructo-oligosacchardies
Milk solids, vegetable oils (contains soy, antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid)), maltodextrin, galacto-oligosaccharides (contains milk, dried omega LCPUFAs (contain fish, milk, soy, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols, di-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium ascorbate, citric acid)), long chain polyfructose, emulsifier (soy lecithin), taurine, choline chloride, L-carnitine, inositol.
Minerals: Potassium, calcium, chloride, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium.
Vitamins: Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3,B5, B6, B12, C, D3, E, K1), folic acid, biotin.
Karicare® Follow-on is based on cows’ milk protein.
BREAST MILK IS BEST FOR BABIES: Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breast feeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breast feeding and reversing a decision not to breast feed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY.